Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Geylang's famous Food.
There are 3 kinds of food famous in Geylang. 1) The Frog. 2) Beef Noodles aka Beef Kway Teow. 3) Yu Tiao (fried cruller) with soya milk. "Yu Tiao" is mandarin, it mean Oily Stick. It is made from flour and then deep fried. That is why it is so oily. However, it tasted wonderful. I managed to grab the famous "Yu Tiao" in Geylang. I am not sure whether the stall is the most famous in Geylang, but this "Yu Tiao" is special compare to Malaysian's "Yu Tiao" because of its length.


Fried "Yu Tiao" Yum!!!

Oily, Yummy, Tasty.

Lengthy "Yu Tiao"
The length of the "Yu Tiao" is so incredible!!! Wa.. sai.. I cannot believe my own eyes the moment i see it. It is one A4 paper size.I think around 28cm long. In Malaysia most of the time i will only see half of its length. Crazy sial !!

"FooLamak!!" Check it out, freaking long!!

An A4 size "Yu Tiao" !!! No kidding man.

The "Yu Tiao" is not famous by its own. It is eat with soya milk. The idea, method, or habits of eating "Yu Tiao" with soya milk is originated from Taiwan. The soya milk doesn't tasted any special. When i mixed together and eat, it just tasted like every sunday morning the "Yu Tiao" and soya milk my mom bought from "pasar" wet market.

Nice combination! Just like a perfect husband and wife.

It just make me hungry. Don't read this blog, if you havent had anything yet.

Testing "Yu Tiao" time!!!

1st tell the "Yu Tiao" you going to eat it.

2nd Ask him whether got any last word to say before being eaten.

3rd eat the "Yu Tiao" with full passion.

YUM!!! It tasted GREATT!!!!

Lastly, if you dont enjoy it just put your thumb up for advertising purposes.

It is a great Asian snack!!. Good for breakfast and tea break. I doens't find it special compare to Malaysia's "Yu Tiao". I like it, because i like "Yu Tiao". It is recommended for a try if you havent eat before "Yu Tiao".

My Rating : 3/5 It is a good food. the taste and the texture of the "Yu Tiao" is not something special to me.






No comments: